WARNING: I am by NO means a cosmetologist or really think that I have any place to tell you how to do your makeup but… I do love all things beauty and a few people had asked me what I used so here we are!
As I am prepping for #MomLife, I am trying to cut down a bit on my high maintenance beauty routine at least a little bit. Unfortunately cutting back the time to do my hair is not an option seeing as it takes 35 minutes already just to dry it, but I have learned how to deal with having my hair wet every once in a while, or throwing in a couple of fast french braids to save some time. I know what you are thinking…there’s no way I will be able to cut my beauty routine. Luckily I have found some shortcuts and have cut my routine to about 30 minutes as opposed to an hour and a half! I will still always make sure to be 2/3 presentable (for all my Zeta ladies out there) not to worry but in a new found mom look! My current makeup routine takes about 10 minutes (timed it while making this video- found on my Instagram) and about 5 minutes if you put it in time lapse speed! Below you can find my video on how I do my makeup when I want to try a little harder… usually there is no eyeshadow or eyeliner involved! Products are listed in order of appearance!
All brushes used in my video were EcoTools, found at Target or CVS, except for my beauty blender!
- Burts Bees – Pink Grapefruit Facial Cleansing Towelettes –
- Bobbi Brown – Vitamin Enriched Face Base –
- $58 – Sephora
- TIP: Use a Q-Tip when applying lotion to your face to avoid adding the natural oils from your fingers to the product
- Urban Decay – Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray –
- $31 – Sephora
- This spray can also be used as a finishing spray!
- Nars – All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation –
- $48 – Sephora
- Use a damp beauty blender to apply. Make sure to dab when applying as opposed to rubbing in. TIP: Wash your beauty blender once a week to avoid nasty things growing inside there!
- Mac Cosmetics – Blunt Powder Blush –
- $23 – Mac Cosmetics
- TIP: Can be used for bronzer or contour powder!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Contour Cream Kit –
- Light to Medium
- $40 – Sephora
- Urban Decay – Naked Illuminated –
- $32 – Sephora
- Urban Decay – Naked 3 Palette –
- Burnout (Lid) , Darkside (Corners and Crease)
- $ 54 – Sephora
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Brow Definer –
- Sephora Collection – Long Lasting Kohl Pencil –
- Intense Black
- $10 – Sephora
- Urban Decay – Naked 2 Palette –
- Blackout (Bottom Liner)
- $54 – Sephora
- Dior – Diorshow Mascara
- Mac Cosmetics – Lipsticks
- Satin Twig, Viva Glam, Satin Captive (shown in video)
- $17 – Mac Cosmetics
Thanks for reading! Leave me a comment if you have any other suggestions for products I need in my life! Check out @abravemess on Instagram to see my awkward attempt at making a makeup tutorial video! Enjoy my awkwardness as much as I do!
“You’re not a mess. You’re brave for trying.”